This blog is dedicated to my little girl Ellie Marie. She was stillborn at 37 weeks and 3 days of pregnancy. I am hoping that this blog will help me and others who have to go through this grieving and healing process.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Thank You Notes

Ellie,
I am constantly amazed at how supportive my friends and family have been. Today I sorted through all the cards that people have sent us. The "congratulations" cards got all mixed up with the "with sympathy" cards. It was a heart wrenching roller coaster to sort through them. I was surprised at how many "with sympathy" cards there were. There were a lot more than I remember receiving.
I also have a stack of thank you notes that we wrote for baby shower gifts. We planned on sending them but then you died and I didn't know what to do with them. They all say things like "thank you for the cute outfit, I look forward to dressing her in it". It doesn't seem appropriate to send them now but I do want to thank people. Maybe i'll re-write them all. It may take me some time. It hard for me emotionally and there are a lot to do.
One of grandma's friends set up an account for people to donate to for a headstone to you. With help from family and friends we were able to pay for all of the funeral expenses except the headstone. You have a beautiful place to lie but nothing is marking your final resting place. It has just been out of reach for us. Many people that know your grandparents but not us wanted to do something to help. Grandma's friend set up this account for people to donate to. She is also getting the word out on facebook. What also really amazes me is that friends of mine are posting it on their walls to let everybody they know about the account. We are saving money and grandpa said he would help. We are hoping that we have enough money to get you something nice by your first birthday.
I will never be able to properly thank everyone because I can't possibly keep track of it all. We are truly blessed. I don't consider losing you a blessing but we have been blessed in so many other ways.
We love you. You are loved by so many more than your parents.
Love,
Your mama

No comments:

Post a Comment