This blog is dedicated to my little girl Ellie Marie. She was stillborn at 37 weeks and 3 days of pregnancy. I am hoping that this blog will help me and others who have to go through this grieving and healing process.

Friday, July 1, 2011

Mom?

Ellie,
Getting out of bed this morning seems almost more than I can handle. I spend all my time thinking about you and now I even spend all night dreaming about you. It is so draining. But when I find myself not thinking about you I force myself to. I start looking at pictures of you or at your movie.
Everyone keeps reassuring me that I am a mom now. Like that is supposed to make me feel better. I don't really feel like a mom. I think of my friend who just had a baby. She is a mom. Moms are supposed to feed their children. Moms are supposed to be able to hold their children, change their diapers, talk with them, and help them grow up. I can't do any of that. All I can do is cry. I feel so empty. I feel like it's just me and your dad. If i'm a mom we are supposed to have a kid with us. Something is missing.
Missing you.
Love, your mom

No comments:

Post a Comment