This blog is dedicated to my little girl Ellie Marie. She was stillborn at 37 weeks and 3 days of pregnancy. I am hoping that this blog will help me and others who have to go through this grieving and healing process.

Monday, July 4, 2011

1 month

Ellie,
Today is your one month birthday. We sure partied for you today. We started off with biscuits and gravy for breakfast, a great time at the craft fair with your great aunt Jennifer, I bought new sandals, we had ribs for dinner, watched Independence Day, played croquet, ate s'mores, and your uncle Thomas gave us a great fireworks show (along with all of the neighbors).
I miss you more than you can imagine. My total perspective on life has changed. I'm not mad about it like I was lost night, just sad. I wish you could have been there with us today. There was a neighbor girl sitting on Grandpa's lap and joking around with him during the fireworks tonight. I really wish you could do that someday. You would have loved your grandparents. They are fun people.
We are going back home tomorrow. It's time to go but it's going to be hard getting back to reality. I miss you too much. How different are lives would be if you had lived. I'm a planner. I like to prepare for things, to plan and organize. In the back of my head I always worried that there might be something wrong with you or that you wouldn't make it but I never planned for it. I wasn't ready for it.
I love you. Happy one month birthday.
Love always,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. Happy one month, indeed, sweet little baby girl. Thank you for allowing me to come and record her life - it's a privilege to be in the presence of angels.

    ReplyDelete