This blog is dedicated to my little girl Ellie Marie. She was stillborn at 37 weeks and 3 days of pregnancy. I am hoping that this blog will help me and others who have to go through this grieving and healing process.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Ellie,
I decided today that just because I cry doesn't mean I'm having a bad day. I am having a great day today. I've been very productive and I didn't even have to force myself to do it. I did five loads of laundry including the bedding and all the towels. I did a load of dishes, made cookies, and went shopping. In the laundry was a blanket of  yours that had gotten dirty when I was putting stuff away in your room. As I took it out of the hamper and folded the tears started pouring unexpectedly. Some things like that will just set me off. I decided to let myself cry but not to let it ruin my day.
I've finished my cleaning for the day. Now we are headed to your Great Aunt Melissa's house for some more fun in the sun and her pool and to have a barbecue. I did cry and I'm crying a little now but I can still have a good day. I really miss you and I don't expect that will change but I can still enjoy my life.
Daddy and I decided yesterday that we are going to take a family picture. We don't have any professional pictures of us since our wedding eight years ago. We've been meaning to do it then when we knew you were on the way we decided to wait until we can include you. We will include you. I'm sure the photographer will think i'm crazy holding a stuffed, musical elephant but you will be with us so I don't care.
I love you little girl.
Mom

5 comments:

  1. I'm not sure whether I should call you Sharon or Mrs. Rinehart, as you were Emily's 6th grade teacher, but I've been reading your blog and have been SO TOUCHED by your story, your strength and your courage. When I read that you want to have pictures done, I felt inclined to offer my services. I don't know if you were just wanting some in studio pictures, but if you wasnt something on location, I'd love to do it for you. As a gift. A gift of love and support. I have a few ideas on how to include litte Ellie-phant, too. If you're interested, you can email me at: ooshwa@hotmail.com

    Also, if you'd like to see some of my work, I have some pictures posted on facebook. You can find me through Emily's wall or through the email I just gave you.

    BTW.....I grew up with Nikki Thacker. She was my aunt's best friend and I played with her little sister, Ashley all the time. We lived across the street from each other for several years. =)

    Sincerely,
    Jennie Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOPS, I made a typo. I meant to say that if you WANT something on location.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, please call me Sharon. There is no reason for adults to have to call me Mrs. Rinehart. Thank you for reading my blog. I think we will take you up on that offer to do pictures. I'm not sure we are quite ready yet. They may be ruined by my running mascara right now. I will email you when we are ready.
    I can't believe you know Nikki Thacker. It is such a small world. She is in my ward. She's and amazing woman. She has been doing my calling for me the last 6 weeks. I'm the primary chorister and that's not an easy one to find a sub for.
    I'm going to find you on facebook. Thanks for the help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just let me know when you're ready. I'm in no hurry. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh, Jen, you beat me to it! Sharon, I am always happy to do photosessions for my angel families. When you have another precious babe in your arms (and I believe you will), I would be honored to come take photos for you again. It is a happy repayment for me for the emotional outlay that it is to do an angel session :).

    ReplyDelete