This blog is dedicated to my little girl Ellie Marie. She was stillborn at 37 weeks and 3 days of pregnancy. I am hoping that this blog will help me and others who have to go through this grieving and healing process.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Are you there?

Ellie,
A friend of mine was reading a book and came across a section she thought might help me. I was reading it last night and it told of a woman who had lost her son. This woman could not imagine her life going on without her son and became very angry with God. She desperately desired for some sign from her son that he was all right and that he was there. Every time something happened that reminded her of her son she was made even more bitter because she just focused on the fact that he was gone. The author went on to say that this woman didn't even consider that those little reminders was her son trying to make a connection with her.
This was very eye opening to me. I don't know if it's true or not but i'm going to start thinking like that. Every time I come across something that reminds me of you i'm not going to be sad and only dwell on your absence. I'm going to think of it like it's you reaching out to me letting my know that you are okay and that you are near. Like this woman i've often craved confirmation that you are near and that you are happy.
I love you and can't wait to get these little signs from you all day today.
See you later baby girl,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment