This blog is dedicated to my little girl Ellie Marie. She was stillborn at 37 weeks and 3 days of pregnancy. I am hoping that this blog will help me and others who have to go through this grieving and healing process.

Friday, July 22, 2011

Quotes by Pamela Hansen

A few quotes that were meaningful to me from a book i'm reading:

"The tears come and go, life goes on, happiness returns and joy can be found, and all the while, these children remain ever=present in our hearts."


"Realizing that there are some things in life over which we have no control can be difficult, but accepting that concept is fundamental in dealing with challenges."

The next few quotes just describe so well feelings and emotions I have experienced:

"I was amazed that life was continuing even though my world was breaking apart."


"Now those challenges seemed easy, as we considered our baby daughter's survival."


"Although the events of that morning would forever change our family's lives, they were routine in the life of a doctor."


"As we lowered (her) casket into the ground, I had feelings that surprised me. I knew that her spirit was no longer in that little body, and yet I will recognize it as a beautiful masterpiece...It was as if I had spent months shaping a beautiful work of art, only to bury it, where no one could enjoy it. It felt devastating."


"Emotional burdens can make any problem more difficult because they diminish our ability to think clearly or focus on a solution."


"Our faith would continue to be tested. I wondered if we were just extremely slow learners."


"For days afterward, I felt physically and emotionally empty. I couldn't remember ever feeling such an actual hollowness as I did then. The void seemed to permeate my soul. Although (she) had never taken a breath, I had felt life from (her), and I still ached for this child."


"I had a clear understanding of the eternal plan, but I still couldn't help wanting (her) back."


"It was difficult seeing women have successful pregnancies, although I was genuinely thrilled for them."


"Now I have to admit, it was nice not to feel so sick, although I would have traded that good feeling in a heartbeat for the pregnancy, even it came with the nausea."


"When those babies died, part of me died too."


I know that there are a lot of quotes here. I started reading this book and just ate it up last night. I couldn't put it down. Her loss and trials are more than I could imagine dealing with. She describes the experience much better than I ever could.

3 comments:

  1. Must be from Running with Angels...that book was just what I needed a few months after Elizabeth died!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the are from Running with Angels. A friend gave me the book yesterday. It's funny because walking (and just a very little jogging) has become something I really enjoy last few weeks.
    I love being outside feeling the fresh air. I love the rush I get from the adrenaline. And I love the time spent pondering and talking with my husband. Maybe someday i'll be able to do a tri-athalon with you. Although I may need swim lessons : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon,
    I think it so fabulous that you are willing to share you feelings at this difficult time. I really wish I would have had something like this to read when I had my miscarriage. I felt so alone and like no one understood. I am so proud of you. I know that you are helping a lot of people by being such a good example of faith and true raw emotion. I know it is not easy to share. Ellie is touching lives and difference and you should be a very proud of you gorgeous baby girl.

    ReplyDelete