This blog is dedicated to my little girl Ellie Marie. She was stillborn at 37 weeks and 3 days of pregnancy. I am hoping that this blog will help me and others who have to go through this grieving and healing process.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Days 1-4

Day 1: Who are you? Share as little or as much about you in general.
I am a 6th grade teacher. I have been married for 8 great years. I like to read and watch movies. I love being near family. I have wanted to be a mom as long as I can remember, and I am.



Day 2: Tell us about your child(ren). As much or as little as you like. Names, birthdays, stats.
I am mother to Ellie Marie. She was born still on June 4th, at 11:31 pm. She was 6 pounds, 18 1/2 inches and absolutely beautiful. We found out the day before that her heart had stopped beating. We may never know why but she is our guardian angel now.



Day 3: Through your grief process who has been your "rock"?
Bobby of course. He always has something logical and comforting to say to me when I am crying and upset. We carry each other. There are a few rare times when we are both having bad days. Those are the days we fight, eat super sized McDonald's, have some chocolate ice cream, then make up. But, usually one of us is able to carry the other.



Day 4: Through your grief process what has kept you going?
What other choice do I have? No, really. I have thought an easy solution to all of this was to go and be with her but I know that's not an option right now. I do know that I will be with her again someday. I just have to be patient. Wow, I can see how i've come a long way because I didn't used to want to be patient. I do occasionally cycle back to anger but right now i'm in a good place.
I can't even explain how helpful my knowledge of the gospel has been. I don't want to even think about what it would be like if I didn't know that I will be able to be with her again one day. It does seem like a long way off but at least I know it's possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment