This blog is dedicated to my little girl Ellie Marie. She was stillborn at 37 weeks and 3 days of pregnancy. I am hoping that this blog will help me and others who have to go through this grieving and healing process.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Day 25

Day 25: On Birthday's, Diagnosis Day's, Anniversaries of Passing. How do you handle them?


I spend time with Bobby. We try to make it a special day and distract ourselves. Going to see movies seemed to be key for us. We saw A LOT of movies this summer. We love going to the movies anyway and were slightly regretting that we wouldn't have that freedom anymore so we were excited to get to go and see some movies we were really looking forward to. 
Today was kind of rough because it's the anniversary of the day we found out we were pregnant. I have really been dreading this day. It was good though because I got paid and Bobby FINALLY has a job! Yeah! So, we had a fun day we went out to eat to celebrate and did some much needed grocery shopping. We also looked at some Halloween and Christmas decorations just for fun. I had a rough time with some of the Halloween decorations. I wasn't really expecting that. I didn't really think about it until I came across a baby sized skeleton and had a breakdown in the middle of Wal Mart. Why would people want baby skeletons?!?!?!? Grrr, i'm still mad about that. It has been a long time since i've had an uncontrollable crying fit like that. There was no stopping it. 
Seeing the "Baby's First Christmas" ornaments was really hard too. That was really hard on Bobby too. He doesn't cry though. He gets angry. I was yelling right there in the middle of the aisle. I was afraid he was going to start smashing ornaments. I had to redirect him and distract him.
Sorry this kind of got off on a tangent. Today was really the only anniversary day we've had so far other than her due date. I'm glad today is over. I am starting anew tomorrow. I'm going to try really hard not to think "this time last year" for the next 8 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment