This blog is dedicated to my little girl Ellie Marie. She was stillborn at 37 weeks and 3 days of pregnancy. I am hoping that this blog will help me and others who have to go through this grieving and healing process.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Day 13

Day 13: Does anyone else besides your speak your child's name?


Yes, and I love it when they do. I had no idea how happy it would make me to hear other people speak her name. I thought it would be hard but it isn't. I have a student this year with the same name and it is still a little hard sometimes. Work has been a great distraction but every time I say her name it still sends a little pang through my heard and reminds me that i'm grieving. I've noticed that it's hard for me to say it but I really like hearing other people say it. It totally validates her existence. Bobby of course says it, and my family sometimes does. I love that my friend Heidi even uses her nickname. I love her nickname and was really looking forward to calling her my little Elliephant.
A couple of weeks ago my friend's 6 year old asked "Where's Ellie"? It totally surprised me. I didn't even know she knew her name. It made me so happy. My friend and I had talked about her but I didn't know she was listening. I was shocked for a second but I was really happy she knew who she was. I hope my future kids also know who she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment