This blog is dedicated to my little girl Ellie Marie. She was stillborn at 37 weeks and 3 days of pregnancy. I am hoping that this blog will help me and others who have to go through this grieving and healing process.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day 12

Day 12: How has the rest of your family dealt with your loss?


That's a complicated question. I think that it affects them more than I see or more than some of them want to admit. I know my mom cried/cries as much as me. Nobody in my family wanted pictures of her except for my brother. That was a little hard for me. I mean I understand why they don't want pictures of her. They said it's too hard to deal with. It just makes them too sad. And, I guess I see why somebody wouldn't want a picture of a dead baby in their house. It just makes me sad that my family doesn't want her picture. It's hard to explain. I don't want them to feel guilty. I'm just sad that she has to be dead. It's kinda hard seeing my nieces pictures up in my families house knowing that my daughter will never be up there. 
I am so amazingly grateful that my family is all coming to support us at the Share walk for remembrance this Saturday. I'm singing and i'm really nervous but i'm so excited that they are going to be there. It made me think that maybe they need to do something to memorialize her too. I think they grieve more than they let on.


Bobby's parents I think were really upset about it. They have only called us once since it happened. I think they just didn't want to talk about it but it's been really hard for us, especially Bobby. They never sent a card or anything. I had family travel from New Mexico for the funeral. My family helped with the burial expenses. His parents have made no effort to help at all. The one exception is his sister. She has talked to us so much more since we lost Ellie than before. She is even paying for most of the headstone. She has been amazing. I will forever be grateful for her. 


No comments:

Post a Comment