This blog is dedicated to my little girl Ellie Marie. She was stillborn at 37 weeks and 3 days of pregnancy. I am hoping that this blog will help me and others who have to go through this grieving and healing process.

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Day 22

Day 22: Do you have a song or songs that make you think of your child?


We sang "Our Savior's Love" at her graveside service. That song will always make me think of her. We sang that in Relief Society my first Sunday back in my ward after we lost her. It seemed like the perfect song to sing for her because that's what we all needed at the time.
Now that I have sung "Somewhere Out There" at the SHARE walk last week I guess that will always make me think of her too. That seemed like a good song because it's somewhat relevant but not too sad. The other songs I had the option of singing were about losing a child and I knew i'd never make it through those. I had a hard enough time as it was singing that song. The line that always choke me up was "and even though I know how very far apart we are". Sometimes I feel her close and I feel like the veil is thin but she is so far away. I can't see her, I can't hold her, I can't be with her. She literally is as far away as she could possibly be. 


Other than those two songs I don't really have any songs that always remind me of her. There will be lines in songs, especially church songs, that will make me think of her but those are the only two that are directly related to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment