This blog is dedicated to my little girl Ellie Marie. She was stillborn at 37 weeks and 3 days of pregnancy. I am hoping that this blog will help me and others who have to go through this grieving and healing process.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

positive thinking

Ellie,
Every time I hear if something bad happening to somebody, whether it's and injury, an illness, or a sin, I think about how glad I am that you will never have to deal with that. It's my way of looking on the bright side of our sad situation. I'm glad that you don't have to live in this wretched world. But, honestly it's not that bad. People tell me that I should be happy you don't have to experience all the bad this world has to offer but the truth is there are many wonderful things you are going to miss out on. I know you will experience most of them in the millennium but it's still not quite the same. I am glad you will never be hurt, bullied, sick, or tempted by the evils in this world. But, i'm also sad that you will miss out on birthday parties, watching chick flicks, daddy-daughter dates, chocolate ice cream, and going to the Prom. Great joy, beauty, and happiness also comes with all the yucky stuff. I guess i'm just sad that I won't get to experience all those things with you. You will still get to do the important stuff like getting married and having a family of your own. Most of all right now, I guess just because of the position i'm in, i'm glad that you will never have to bury a child. I am glad that you didn't suffer. As far as I can tell you went peacefully and didn't feel any pain. You didn't struggle for life for months in the hospital. You were with me until the end.
I really look forward to one day getting to know you better. I hope you know how much I love you.
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment