This blog is dedicated to my little girl Ellie Marie. She was stillborn at 37 weeks and 3 days of pregnancy. I am hoping that this blog will help me and others who have to go through this grieving and healing process.

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Cold

Ellie,
I've got a stupid cold. Isn't it too early in the year for this? I remember last year I got one in October. I remember because I found out I was pregnant with you shortly after and I was worried about all the cold medication I had taken. I also had a cold shortly before you left. That one was pretty miserable because I didn't want to take anything for fear of harming you. I took tylenol every once in a while, that was it. I was really sick that time too. I'm not as bad right now but it makes me think of you.

I really miss being pregnant. I was so miserable for much of the time and I am really enjoying the extra energy I have right now. I am surprised at how much more I can get done when i'm not pregnant or recovering from a c-section. But, I really miss feeling you inside of me and imagining what life was going to be like when you were born. I miss calling your father over to feel  you move. I miss how you fight the ultrasounds techs. You were so stubborn. I miss rubbing my belly and talking to you. Mostly I miss looking forward to a happy future. Right now it's just sad. I don't have much to look forward to.

I'm really dreading the holidays. I know they are going to be hard. I really want to spend time with my family but I know it's going to be hard to be around your cousins. They are so adorable and I love them but I know it's going to make us sad. It's going to be hard to balance what my family wants me to do and what your dad wants to do. He is going to want to be away from them as much as possible and they are going to want us to be near them as much as possible. He doesn't even want to be there for Christmas morning. How do I tell my family that? They will be really disappointed. I hope they will understand.

I am looking forward to trying to get pregnant again. But i've still got a few months and that seems so far away. Even then it will be trying because I will be nervous that we won't be able to get pregnant and then if I do get pregnant I know I will be a basket case. What I really want is to go back in time and do it all over again with you and somehow assure that you lived. I really don't know what I could have done different though and I guess it's useless to think that because it is impossible. I need to make the best of what I have now and hope for happiness in the future.

I love you so much. I can't wait until the day I can hold you.
Love, Mom

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that you're sick. I started taking zinc every day about 3 years ago and I haven't had a cold since. Not one! The kids and my husband have had plenty, but me...nothing! You should try it! I just get mine on the vitamin isle at Target.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember that your health (mental AND physical) is the most important thing right now. Don't rush trying to get pregnant. By all means try! But don't rush anything...Try not to stress about anything either because that will hinder the process. Remember just one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete