This blog is dedicated to my little girl Ellie Marie. She was stillborn at 37 weeks and 3 days of pregnancy. I am hoping that this blog will help me and others who have to go through this grieving and healing process.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sunday

Ellie,
Why are Sundays so hard? It's so hard for me to go to church. I always cry. I can go days without crying but I know I will cry in church. It wasn't as bad as last week. Just a few tears this time. I did want to get up and leave about 10 different times. It's just so hard. The gospel really tugs at my heart strings and I can really feel Satan trying to get me to stay home or leave church. I feel like i'm really becoming stronger because of this experience and he really doesn't want me to. I'm always glad when I resist the temptation to leave because I always learn something.
There is a scripture that stuck out to me last week and I have been thinking of it ever since. It was on the board for our Sunday School lesson week. We didn't even get to it I just happened to read it and it really stuck out to me. It's 2 Nephi 10:24-25.


 24 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, areconcile yourselves to thebwill of God, and not to the will of the devil and the flesh; and remember, after ye are reconciled unto God, that it is only in and through the cgrace of God that ye are dsaved.
 25 Wherefore, may God araise you from death by the power of the resurrection, and also from everlasting death by the power of the batonement, that ye may be received into the ceternalkingdom of God, that ye may praise him through grace divine. Amen.
At first I couldn't figure out why it was that these verses stuck out to me so much, but as i've pondered them there is a number of things that are significant to me right now. Firstly the line that says "reconcile yourselves to the will of God". This is something I have been thinking about anyway and it really stuck out to me in the temple this week. I may not like the situation of losing you but I recognize that it is God's will and I need to not only accept that but also put my will in line with his. Does that make sense. It's more than just accepting it. I don't know if I could have been like Abraham and been willing to sacrifice my only child. If Heavenly Father had asked me to give you up I would have said no. Something about my attitude needs to change. I know my Father in Heaven loves me but I need to trust him and his will. I need to stop having fantasies about going back in time and forcing the doctor to deliver  you early. There is a reason that you had to go but I am not meant to understand it right now. I am only meant to follow in Christ's example and accept this bitter cup. 
I will talk more about this scripture later because I continue to ponder it. There are so many things that apply to me right now. I love you very much. I know that you are a wonderful woman. I feel so blessed to be your mother. 
Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment