This blog is dedicated to my little girl Ellie Marie. She was stillborn at 37 weeks and 3 days of pregnancy. I am hoping that this blog will help me and others who have to go through this grieving and healing process.

Friday, August 26, 2011

Bear

Dear Bear,
Today I write to you instead of my little girl. I imagine you too up in that big backyard in the sky running around chasing squirrels and playing catch with my Ellie. When heard that you were going to die I was sad. Mostly because I will miss you. You were an old gal and you lived a great life. I'm glad you are not suffering anymore.
I remember when you came to live with us. I was 14 and we never had a dog before I was so excited. You were the cutes puppy ever. Just this little orange puff ball with this big fluffy tail. You like to romp and play. You were a typical puppy. Mom was worried about you being a mean Chow. She read books on how to train chows and you were soon obedient.
I loved watching you chase lizards in our backyard in New Mexico. I was sad when you were dognapped and so happy when you were found. I loved going for walks with you in the desert and watching you chase the rabbits. When mom and dad moved to Idaho I was sad to see you go but glad that you were so excited to see us when we would come and visit. You sure welcomed Bobby into the family and he soon became one of your favorites. He will miss you very much.
There weren't as many rabbits in Idaho and you had to deal with the snow. But, there were squirrels trying to infiltrate the yard. I hope they don't take over the yard now without you there to guard it.
Soon, your paths in the grass will grow back in. Your collar and leash will hang in the same place but never be used again. I expect mom and dad will someday buy another dog but there will never be a dog like you. You were the perfect pet. Loyal and friendly. Protective and playful. Always happy to see us. You are man's best friend. You were our best friend.
We love you bear and will never forget you.
Rest in peace my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment