This blog is dedicated to my little girl Ellie Marie. She was stillborn at 37 weeks and 3 days of pregnancy. I am hoping that this blog will help me and others who have to go through this grieving and healing process.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Good day

Ellie,
Today was a good day. I don't know why, it just was. It's also my last day before going back to work. I tried to pack in as much good out of this day as possible. Which means I am going to bed too late. I started off by taking my new medication this morning. Then we went to the temple. I've been wanting to go all summer but i've been worried that i'd be too much of a basket case. Sometimes just a little bit of emotion can overwhelm me. But, it was actually a very peaceful experience. It was like when we buried you. I felt the spirit but I wasn't overwhelmed by it. I felt peace. I was happy. I was hoping for some grand experience, some vision of you, or some answer to my questions but I guess that's not what I needed. I got what I needed, just a nice peaceful day.
We also went shopping and I did a bunch of laundry and cleaning. We went out to dinner and then went to another SHARE meeting. I let your dad tell our story this time. I kept wanting to interject and add things but I kept my mouth shut and he did a really good job. I didn't cry as much this time. There was a new couple there whose story I had never heard before. Their loss was only 3 weeks ago and their story was pretty unique. It was tough to see them in so much pain but it was good for me because I remember when I looked like them and I can see that I have come a long way. Maybe that's just because today is a good day. I can't always recognize that i've improved.
Pray for me tomorrow. I'm not as anxious about it as I thought I would be but I might be when that alarm goes off in the morning. I hope I sleep tonight. We are going to try to get up early to do our walk before work. Maybe that will help.
Your mama loves ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment