This blog is dedicated to my little girl Ellie Marie. She was stillborn at 37 weeks and 3 days of pregnancy. I am hoping that this blog will help me and others who have to go through this grieving and healing process.

Friday, August 12, 2011

Ellie,
Work has been good the last few days. There are long periods of time where I don't think about losing you. I can't possibly forget you though. Somebody today mentioned somebody else who has the same name as you and just hearing that name sent a jolt through my heart. I am just still a little worried about Monday. I"m not sure how i'll interact with the students. I hope i'm not too mean.

Last night went really well. There were a lot of us there. We ate good food and had good conversation. It was interesting to see how we are all handling things. I know everybody grieves differently but in other ways it seems so similar. There was a woman there who had only lost her baby a week ago. She was so brave being there. I don't know if I could have done that. It made me sad seeing that look on her face. I know that look. I saw it on my face many times. My heart broke for her. She looked so lost and dejected. I could tell she was hurting bad and putting her brave face on. It will get better. it was good for me to see that I have moved passed that. I'm still sad but it's different. It's not so hopeless now.

One thing that surprised me about last night is that I didn't cry at all. I was kind of surprised. I even talked about you and looked at pictures of you. I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm upset with myself if I cry too much and i'm upset with myself if I don't cry. I just feel bland right now. Your dad told me he cried today. I'm sure that will embarrass him but i'm glad he told me. It makes me feel a little better that I'm not the only one. I'm also glad that he communicates this with me. I think we will get through this together.

As always,
I love you.
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment