This blog is dedicated to my little girl Ellie Marie. She was stillborn at 37 weeks and 3 days of pregnancy. I am hoping that this blog will help me and others who have to go through this grieving and healing process.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Aunt Mary

Ellie,
Thank you for watching over mom yesterday. Her surgery went perfectly. The doctor said it was textbook. She is recovering in the hospital. She should get out today.

I want to share with you a letter that your Aunt Mary sent us. She has been amazingly supportive through all of this. She shared with us that when she was born she had a twin sister that was stillborn. Your dad never knew this about her. It was something his parents never shared with him. His parents never buried their angel baby. They let the hospital take care of her. Your Auntie Mary regrets that she never had a place to go and visit her sister.

August 5, 2011

Dear Ellie,
This is your Aunt Mary. I remember the day I go the news that (my little brother) Bobby and Sharon were finally expecting their 1st BABY. A true blessing was at last going to happen for them. I was overflowing with happiness and excitement. I was jumping up and down and kept on cheering. I could not wait for June it seemed to be an awful long 9 months. Your mommy and daddy really deserved and their prayers were answered for their chance for such a precious gift from GOD. You haven't even came int he world yet and you were dearly loved by so many people. I wish all of us family members didn't live so far apart from each other. I was very eager and proud to be finally getting you for a niece. I would have cherished every moment I could have shared time with you no matter how long or short it could have been. You are so special even if you only got to grace us with your presence for just a brief time and you will never be forgotten. I would have really enjoyed to have just one chance to get to meet, see, hold, and play with you. This tragic loss. You did not get to stay and you had to be with GOD. I think about you being up in heaven... I imagine that you are there with my twin sister and she is giving you all the hugs and kisses that all of us want to give you. I am honored and proud that I was Ellie's Aunt Mary. I will always love and miss my dearest niece. I wish very much you could have stayed here with us.

Love you lots always!
Aunt Mary

So Small, So Special, So Sweet, and So Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment