This blog is dedicated to my little girl Ellie Marie. She was stillborn at 37 weeks and 3 days of pregnancy. I am hoping that this blog will help me and others who have to go through this grieving and healing process.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving

Ellie,
I am so excited for Thanksgiving. For some reason i'm just not dreading it like I am Christmas. I am so looking forward to a few days off of work, time with family, and lots of good food. I think it also helps that I got a bonus today. Having a little bit of money for once is really nice. Daddy and I are buying ourselves presents today. They aren't early Christmas presents, because we still want good Christmas presents, they are out baby died presents. We just need something wholly materialistic to make ourselves feel better. I know it's silly but it's so nice not to be so stressed about the money right now. Don't worry we are being responsible. We are paying off bills and we got the car fixed. I am so glad we had the money to do that. I don't know what we would have done if dad hadn't gotten that job.
I am so excited to get our vacation started. Dad and I are having a party tonight while we put up the Christmas tree. We aren't going to decorate it yet, we just want to have it up and ready so  when we get back it will be ready to decorate. Then, tomorrow morning we are heading to Rexburg. It will be nice to be with family and not want to puke up all that food. I had morning sickness so bad last year.
I will of course be nostalgic and missing you. It would have been fun to be planning on bringing you up for Thanksgiving.
I love you and miss you always.
Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment