This blog is dedicated to my little girl Ellie Marie. She was stillborn at 37 weeks and 3 days of pregnancy. I am hoping that this blog will help me and others who have to go through this grieving and healing process.

Monday, November 7, 2011

Day 6 of Being Thankful

Ellie,
I would have written last night but dad and I were watching TV shows on my laptop. The time changed yesterday so I was really tired afterwards. Sorry, I know just more excuses.
Yesterday I was grateful for church. I actually skipped church yesterday. I hardly ever do that without a good reason. It was fast Sunday and I just didn't think I could stand being there for testimonies. There is also always the possibility that there will be a baby blessing on fast Sundays and I knew I couldn't handle that.
Going to church has been a great blessing for me though. Shortly after you died I was released from my calling as the primary chorister and I was able to go to Sunday School and Relief Society. That was a great blessing for me. I really needed my cup to be filled at that time. Last Sunday I was called in to receive another calling. I was worried about what it might be. I didn't want anything that would take me away from Sunday School and Relief Society. I really thought Relief Society chorister would be the best calling for me. I was really hoping that's what it would be. As always Heavenly Father surprised me. I got called to be a gospel doctrine teacher in Sunday School. I knew immediately that this was the perfect calling for me. It would enable me to still attend my classes and get me to study the gospel more in depth.  My first lesson is this week but I only teach once a month. I am planning on studying all the lessons thoroughly though so I can be better prepared for class.
I don't know how I would have gotten through all of this without the knowledge of the gospel. There have been times when my testimony has been extra strong and i've felt the spirit very strong. But there have also been times when my anger at God has gotten the best of me and I don't feel close to the spirit anymore. In the end though I know what is right and what is true. I don't always have the faith that I should have but I at least hope for faith.
I love you sweetheart. I can't wait to see you again.
love,
mom

No comments:

Post a Comment