This blog is dedicated to my little girl Ellie Marie. She was stillborn at 37 weeks and 3 days of pregnancy. I am hoping that this blog will help me and others who have to go through this grieving and healing process.

Friday, November 11, 2011

Thankfulness

Ellie,
I know it's been a few days so i'm going to write about a few things that I have been thankful for this week.
I am thankful for friends and support groups. There are a couple of groups that i've met with in person and online since we lost you. It ways it's really nice to have people to talk to who have been through what we have been. Sometimes it makes it harder knowing all the things that can go wrong and knowing about all the pain out there in the world. Mostly though it's nice to have that support.

I am also thankful this Veteran's Day for those who serve our country in the military service. I've never been really close to anybody in the service. I don't have any immediate family that has served so I can't really say what it's like to have someone i'm close to serving. But, I do feel for those that have loved ones gone a lot for the military. I can't imagine what it's like to be worrying about a loved one overseas. I really respect what they are doing. They are better people than I am. I don't know if I could do that.

I am also thankful for our working car. It needs a little work every now and then but all vehicles do. It has mostly been normal wear and tear kind of stuff. Our last car was such a piece of crap. Everything kept dying on it. It was something big every month it seemed like. The car is in the shop right now and it's a little rough sometimes only having one car, but I am very grateful for it.

I love you so much Ellie,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment