This blog is dedicated to my little girl Ellie Marie. She was stillborn at 37 weeks and 3 days of pregnancy. I am hoping that this blog will help me and others who have to go through this grieving and healing process.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

panic attack

Ellie,
Today your dad had to run an errand without me. Because of the way my leave works I am not allowed to go back to work. There were a couple things that had to be done so your dad went to do them for me. I knew I didn't want to be home alone so I had him take me to Barnes and Noble. I love B&N and I thought I would be fine spending some time there.
He took me in and stayed for a few minutes and looked around. When he left I almost lost it. I kept looking at the books but it was all I could do not to run after him. I wanted to stop him or call him and make him come back for me. I made myself be a big girl and kept looking at the books. I really wanted to cry but I made the tears stay in. I kept looking at the books until I calmed down. I had not idea I was so fragile.
Looking at books has always brought me peace but everything is different now. Everything has changed since we lost you. Things that once brought me joy don't. I guess it's not really everything else that has changed it's me that has changed.
I did end up eventually having a good time. I found a book called the Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy. I think I am going to get that book for the next pregnancy. We don't really know why you died but i'm going to do everything I can to prevent it happening again next time. It will make me feel a bit better to be able to feel like I am doing something different the next time. Logically I know there's nothing I did wrong with you and it's not my fault but that won't really make me feel better next time.
I love you and really wish you could be here with me.
Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment