This blog is dedicated to my little girl Ellie Marie. She was stillborn at 37 weeks and 3 days of pregnancy. I am hoping that this blog will help me and others who have to go through this grieving and healing process.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Bills

Ellie,
I haven't gotten the mail in about a week because I was afraid of what I would find in there. There were good and bad things. We got a ton of bills from hospital. SCARY! Your dad says, and I agree, that there should be some sort of guarantee. If our baby doesn't live we shouldn't have to pay anything. It would be worth it if we had you here with us but now we don't have a baby, we have tons of medical bills, and on top of that we had to worry about paying for a funeral.

There were good things in the mail. We got a package, which is always exciting, from a friend of mine. She sent us a beautiful heart box to store memorabilia about you. It was beautiful and very touching. We also got sympathy cards from other friends of ours. I am so amazed at how wonderful everybody has been to us. We've only lived here for less than 3 years and I had no idea how many friends we have. Tons of people came to visit us in the hospital, they brought flowers and gifts. We had people visit us at home and bring us treats and dinner. I will never be able to properly thank everybody. One of the most amazing things was that everybody at work took up a collection for us. They raised so much money that it paid completely for your casket and some of the other burial fees. Aunt Melissa and Uncle Chuck paid for the rest. Your Grandma and Grandpa helped us out a lot too. We were not blessed with our little baby but we have been blessed in so many other ways.

I love you baby girl and I so wish we could have been blessed with you, but if we can't have you I am so grateful for our so many friends and loved ones that have support us.

Love,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. Wow! All of your posts have been very well written and are very touching. I can definitely see that you are healing. Slowly, but surely. And slow is good. Keep up the good work and know that we are always thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete