This blog is dedicated to my little girl Ellie Marie. She was stillborn at 37 weeks and 3 days of pregnancy. I am hoping that this blog will help me and others who have to go through this grieving and healing process.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Titan

I am Atlas.
The weight of the sky is on my shoulders.
I must stop it from crushing the world,
from crushing me.
The pressure is unbearable.
I must endure.
How can I endure?
I've become good at forcing tears back inside me.
I must not let them out because if I do I won't be able to hold the sky,
and it will crush me.
I brace myself,
and set in to endure.
The weight, the pain will never go away.
Slowly ... I get used to it.
Eventually I do not notice it so I loosen my grip.
Big mistake.
Now it is worse than before.
Again, it presses on me.
I can hold it, i've done it before.
Force the tears back in.
The cycle starts again.
Except I can hold it a little longer this time before it starts to crush me again, push back.
I am not Atlas, just a woman, with pain pressing on my heart.
I am not a Titan, but
I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment