This blog is dedicated to my little girl Ellie Marie. She was stillborn at 37 weeks and 3 days of pregnancy. I am hoping that this blog will help me and others who have to go through this grieving and healing process.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

10 Places on Earth I am Grateful for

Ellie,
Today is one of those days where being at work has made me feel better. I didn't sleep well and woke up feeling yucky. I was down all morning. I really considered not coming in to work today. But, I came, i'm here and it actually lifted me up. I'm enjoying my students today and i'm feeling a lot better than I was earlier.
Grandma's birthday is today and i'm so excited. I get to go and see everyone tonight and I get to give her the present i've been working on for over a month. I am way excited about that. I can't wait to see her reaction. I know she is going to love it. It has been nice to have this to focus on when Christmas gets me down.

I have so many places I like to go and so many more that I would love to go to.
1. San Diego. We have vacationed there so many times as a kid. That is where I went on my honeymoon and we have been back there three times since then. Once with the Adams', once with Melissa's family, and once by ourselves. It's my favorite place in the whole world. I haven't been everywhere but nothing could compare, mostly because I have so many memories there. Every spring it calls to me. I get this desire deep down inside to see the ocean.
2. Yelllowstone. Again, I have been there more times than I can count. It is so amazing.
3. Grandma's house. When I was a kid if I was stressed out I would close my eyes and picture myself there. It is total peace, calm, and joy.
4. I don't know if this is really considered a place on earth but I have to list my bed. I love being in bed and being warm and cozy. It has been that way my whole life but now it's even better now that I have daddy and a kitty to cuddle.
5. Las Cruces. I really do miss it sometimes. Especially during nostalgic times like Christmas. That's where I grew up and met Dad. I really miss the luminarias at Christmas time.
6. The temple. Any temple really but especially Mesa because that was my first one and Albuquerque because that's where we became and eternal family.
7. Cokeville. So many good memories there. We usually spent a month there in the summer and the whole Christmas break.
8. This may seem weird but I have to put in the Cokeville cemetery. You and my grandpa a buried there among more of my family.  I don't exactly have great memories from there but it holds a special place in my heart.
9. Disneyland. I've only been there once but it was such an amazing experience. So magical.
10. Anywhere my family is.

No comments:

Post a Comment