This blog is dedicated to my little girl Ellie Marie. She was stillborn at 37 weeks and 3 days of pregnancy. I am hoping that this blog will help me and others who have to go through this grieving and healing process.

Friday, December 2, 2011

Warning! don't read this at work, it will make you cry. And then people will give you funny looks.

~What makes a mother~

I thought of you and closed my eyes 
And prayed to God today 
I asked " What makes a Mother?

And I know I heard Him say
"A Mother has a baby 
This we know is true"

But God can you be a Mother,
When your baby's not with you?

"Yes, you can," 
He replied,
With confidence in His voice

When they leave is not their choice 

Some I send for a lifetime 
And others for the day 
And some I send to feel your womb
But there's no need to stay.

"I just don't understand this God, 
I want my baby to be here.

He took a deep breath and cleared His throat 
And then I saw the tear.

"I wish I could show you
What your child is doing today

If you could see your child's smile 
With all the other children and say..

"We go to Earth to learn our lessons 
Of love and life and fear 
My Mommy loved me oh so much 
I got to come straight here
I feel so lucky to have a Mom 
Who had so much love for me 
I learned my lessons very quickly 
My Mommy set me free 
I miss my Mommy oh so much 
But I visit her every day 
When she goes to sleep
On her pillow's where I lay 
I stroke here hair and kiss her cheek 
And whisper in her ear 
Mommy don't be sad today
I'm your baby and I'm here"

"So you see my dear sweet ones your children are okay 
Your babies are born here in My home 
And this is where they'll stay 

They'll wait for you with Me
Until your lesson's through 
And on the day that you come home 
They'll be at the gates for you 

So now you see what makes a Mother, 
It's the feeling in your heart 
It's the love you had so much of right from the very start 
Though some on earth may not realize you are a Mother until their time is done
They'll be up here with Me one day and know that you are the best one!

(Author Unknown)

2 comments:

  1. Wow. That is beautiful. I've just begun to read your journey. The quote from Sister Hinckley is so good. Thank you. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete