This blog is dedicated to my little girl Ellie Marie. She was stillborn at 37 weeks and 3 days of pregnancy. I am hoping that this blog will help me and others who have to go through this grieving and healing process.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Name

Hi baby girl. Things are going pretty good. I miss you a lot. This month has been pretty crummy with daddy not having a job and everything again. I feel a lot of stress. It's hard dealing with losing you and also dealing with the money stress again. I had a really hard week this week. There was some extra stress at work and I really felt like I was going to break. I didn't think I could take it anymore. It was worse that Dad  was really down too. He hates not having a job. It gets him so depressed. We had a couple bad days but then we were able to come out of it.
I was just feeling like i'm not the person i'm supposed to be. I always get like this when I let my scripture reading and praying lapse. I don't know why I don't recognize that and let myself get so far down that dark path all the time. I should always be improving but I feel like most of the time I just swing back and forth like a pendulum. I guess what's important is that in general that curve is going up, and I guess it is. I do feel like I am more in tune with the spirit than I was a year ago.
Anyway, Dad gave me a blessing yesterday and it really helped. I love it when he gives me a blessing. It always helps both of us. I was told not to worry so much about things of this world like work and money. I think I put too much pressure on myself. I need to keep that eternal perspective. I was also told that I will have children while on this earth. That's always a worry of mine. It seems like everyone else around me is having babies and I wonder if I ever will.
I do feel better now. I miss you but I think I understand why you couldn't stay. I already feel like i've learned and grown so much in the last (almost) 9 months. There were a lot of other difficult things to deal with this month. I got your birth certificate in the mail, I ordered your headstone, and closed the headstone fund at the credit union that was set up for you. It feels sometimes like it will never end. I will always have to deal with painful things associated with you.
I was thinking yesterday about how I feel bad that nobody but dad and I knew your name while we are alive. It was fun to keep your name a secret while I was pregnant but then it makes me sad that nobody knew your name until you were dead. I am rethinking that for the last baby. We are trying to get pregnant again. Which in and of itself is really stressful. I am scared to get pregnant and scared to not get pregnant. I hope you are up there preparing you siblings for life on earth.
I love you honey. I look forward to the day we meet again.
Love,
Mom

2 comments: