This blog is dedicated to my little girl Ellie Marie. She was stillborn at 37 weeks and 3 days of pregnancy. I am hoping that this blog will help me and others who have to go through this grieving and healing process.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Church today

Ellie,
I made it to church and I made it all the way through and i'm glad I did. Sacrament meeting was boring. I had a hard time concentrating. Sunday school was okay but it wasn't what I was looking for. Relief Society was okay, even with all of the babies I hadn't really cried yet but I hadn't found what I was looking for.
It was the lesson in Relief Society that really touched me. The lesson was on the talk by Elder Oaks in the last General Conference. http://lds.org/general-conference/2011/10/teachings-of-jesus?lang=eng  The topic was on the Teachings of Jesus. I knew almost immediately that this is what I needed today. It used to be that I had a great relationship with Jesus. That was the strongest part of my testimony. What happened? It's not that I don't have a testimony or that I don't have a testimony of Christ it's just that I don't feel as close to him as I used to. So, here's my question. How do I develop a better relationship with Christ? Where have I gone wrong? Is there something I'm doing wrong? What do I change? I can pray more, read scriptures more, I don't know what else. I'm going to work on it though.  I think that's where i'll focus my study for a while. I'll keep you posted on how things go. I'm glad I did end up going to church today though.
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment