This blog is dedicated to my little girl Ellie Marie. She was stillborn at 37 weeks and 3 days of pregnancy. I am hoping that this blog will help me and others who have to go through this grieving and healing process.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Holidays

Ellie,
Well, in ways the holidays were pretty rough but in other ways they were easier than I though they would be. I knew they would be hard. I knew it would be hard to be around my nieces. But, things weren't really as bad as I thought they would be.
I did miss you so terribly much. I felt you near quite often. I so wish you could have been there. I had a lot of fun with my nieces. They are so cute it is hard not to love them. I did feel myself being jealous a lot though. It was hard for me when they only wanted mommy and daddy. I want somebody to want me like that. I had a lot of fun playing with them too but sometimes it was hard seeing other people have so much fun with them. I wanted you to be there for your grandparents to love and play with.
There were little ways in which we remembered you. Daddy and I have special ornaments on our tree for you. I was going to get you a stocking but I couldn't find the perfect one so I didn't put up any stockings at all. Uncle Jon and Aunt Kristen had the idea of singing a song to you. The idea was that maybe if you were close by you could hear it. So, we all sang I am a Child of God to you on Christmas Eve. I think that will be a new tradition. Grandma also got you a baby doll. She so wanted to go shopping for you and buy you Christmas presents that she just couldn't resist.
I guess the hardest time for me was the evening of Christmas day and the next day. Dad had to give me a blessing I was so upset. I think the let down from Christmas hit me pretty hard. The future looked so dark to me, I didn't see any hope or anything to look forward too. The blessing helped so much but I'm still pretty down. It's been a rough week. It's been so nice to be with family and I really miss them now that they are all gone home. I love Daddy and it's so nice to be with him but sometimes it's lonely just being the two of us. It was nice having a lot of people around. I feel your loss greatly right now. I feel empty and lonely even when i'm with other people.
I need something to look forward to, something to plan and keep me occupied. My Christmas decorations are down, work is starting but I have nothing to look forward to. I'm worried about going off track in a couple of weeks. It's going to be really hard to be home alone for three weeks. I was telling dad the other day that I wanted to go shopping for baby stuff. He said no, of course, but I think the reason I want to is because I so enjoyed shopping for baby stuff. I loved having something to plan and look forward to. For a little while I at least had grandma's birthday and Christmas to plan and prepare for. I guess dad's birthday is coming up but that's not enough. I will have to think of something.
I'm already thinking about what we are going to do for your birthday. I need something to plan and look forward to. I need it to be a fun day. I don't know i've thought of having a barbeque or going to Lagoon. I will think about it.
I was thinking this morning about how i'm never really going to be better. I'm always going to miss you and there will always be a part of me that will be sad. I'm just going to have to learn to deal with it and get along with my life. That's kind of a depressing thought but in a way it helps me because I can stop waiting to be better. I'm not sick,  i'm different. I'm just going to have to accept the new me.
I love you so much. Always remember that.
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment