This blog is dedicated to my little girl Ellie Marie. She was stillborn at 37 weeks and 3 days of pregnancy. I am hoping that this blog will help me and others who have to go through this grieving and healing process.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

10 things about today that I am grateful for.

Ellie, I had a rough night last night. So, once again I feel the need to get on here and think about what i'm grateful for. This topic is a good one. I'm not very grateful for today because of a number of reasons including hating to work all week while my family is all together for Christmas and i'm missing you soooo much. I know those are valid reasons to not be grateful for today but if I just keep thinking of all the things that are upsetting me today and I can make a list 100 long. So, this will be a good exercise for me today. I'm going to find things all day i'm grateful for and see how long I can make this list.
1. the homemade peanut butter cup I ate this morning before coming to work
2. indoor plumbing, I love being able to shower everyday, I was actually thinking that this morning while I was showering
3. my christmas tree with presents under it, last year we were pretty poor and our tree was pretty empty
4. so I guess that brings me to jobs, i'm glad we both have jobs even though I hate getting up early and being apart so much, I feel so blessed that we both have employment right now
5. My students, they drive me crazy sometimes but today they are cute. I know they are just as excited for Christmas as I am.
6. the chocolate people gave me
7. the presents my students brought me
8. I am grateful that I am almost done with my mom's birthday present. It has been in progress for a month and I am so excited to give it to her.
9. Cell phones, so I can keep in touch with my family.
10. I wasn't as crabby today as I was yesterday
11. Daddy wanted to go out to dinner tonight.
12. the homemade peanut butter cup I ate after dinner tonight
13. my cuddly kitty who greeted me when I got home

Well, I was hoping to get more but considering the kind of day I had I think that's pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment